Friday 10 February 2012

Retro music for cold winter days


Retro music for cold winter days
Sitting at my computer listening to Pink Martini's "Splendour in the Grass", puts me in the mood for cocooning inside as I watch the icicles on my terrace and the snow in my garden. My favourite retro music is the tango's revival with Astor Piazzola , followed by Gotan Project. A great compilation is the Putumayo label who has brought out a tango compilation giving us a take on the tango from all over the world. My favourite is by greek musicians, Alexis Kalofolias and Thanos Amorgis, playing Gia Ligo! Greek rembetika music from the 20's also gives me that retro mood, albeit slightly more moody. To put you in a swinging happy mood ready for your foray into the cold, I reccomend that easy 1960's swing from Ray Coniff's orchestra!

No comments:

Post a Comment